Thank you for reading! You all have given me the strength to get through the past 17 days. If you continue to read, I think I just might be able to muster up the strength to endure another 17 days, or what the book dubs the activate cycle. Before I get into the details of the next cycle, it’s time for me the share my results to date. As of this morning, I am down 9.6lbs! Horary! I am very pleased with this number. I am a fairly tall broad so I don’t know if the weight loss is noticeable to the human eye. But, we all know that jeans don’t lie and I’ve been able to get back into my favorite pair of Paige Denim jeans. Before this journey, I couldn’t even button them. I will admit though that they are still a little snug. However, I am so elated to not have donned mom jeans this past week that I gladly endure the slight discomfort. I have some Joe’s Jeans that require a little more work, but I am on my way!
Alright, enough with the celebrating, it is time to provide the guidelines for the next 17 days. Things are looking up folks – red meat is involved! The activate cycle adds additional food items. However, you can only eat these new items every other day. On even days I will be adhering to the activate cycle menu and on odd days I will revert back to limitations of the accelerate cycle.
Additional foods on activate days:
• Shellfish – clams, crab, scallops, and shrimp
• Lean cuts of meat – top sirloin, flank steak, lean ground beef, pork tender loin, pork sirloin chops, lamb shanks
• Grains (1 serving = ½ cup) – brown rice, old fashioned oatmeal, couscous
• Legumes (1 serving = ½ cup) – black beans, chickpeas, lentils, peas, navy beans, lima beans
• Starchy vegetables – corn, potato, squash
In summary on the activate days I can eat:
• Liberal amounts of protein and green vegetables
• Two servings of natural starches
• Two low-sugar fruits (apple, pear, grapes)
• Two servings of probiotic foods
• One daily serving of friendly fat – typically for me this is olive oil
Other things to note:
• Eat fruit and natural starches before 2pm
• Drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day – I suck at this.
• Exercise at least 17 minutes per day
For my own pleasure and to make things fun, I’ve decided to title this next cycle “operation drop muffin top”. I am also going to start back at one when it comes to counting days. I feel that it’s is best to keep things simple and make a lot of little goals rather than one jumbo goal. A few of you have commented that you may join in on the fun. All my friends and readers are beautiful so I am not insinuating that anyone needs to drop a few – but if you are so inclined I’d love you to share your feedback. So please keep your comments coming. Additionally, if you have any questions, please let me know.
I am banging out this entry on my lunch hour so I am going to skip my typical meal, motivation, and exercise summary (also, please ignore any typos). I will close with saying tonight this girl will be wearing her favorite jeans while eating a big juicy steak and smiling at every bite.